We are seeking a highly motivated Construction Project Engineer to provide administrative and technical services for our Operations Department to ensure the Work complies with contract documents, for protecting and promoting the interests of both the business and client in all matters, while demonstrating the personal characteristics of a developing leader with integrity, passion, tenacity, and attitude to do what it takes to exceed client expectations.
- Assist to develop project pre-plan and procurement plan in collaboration with the Project and Site Managers to establish customer goals, objectives, procedures, and performance standards to facilitate a well managed project; on-time, under budget, and with a sense of urgency.
- Gathers, coordinates, prepares, reviews, tracks, and distributes a timely flow of submittals, shop drawings, product data, coordination drawings, samples, mock-ups, manuals, warranties, etc.
- Evaluates, prepares, tracks, and distributes appropriate Requests for Information (RFIs). Possesses the ability to identify, research, and develop solutions to design issues and conflicts.
- Maintains and distributes drawings, drawing revisions, and sketches to support field changes and client requests. Coordinates change order revisions with the Project Manager.
- Obtain, review, and generate as-built and close-out documents for turnover to Owner.
- Maintains logs; drawings and drawing revisions, sketches, submittals and submittal schedule, RFIs, ASIs, punch lists, and close-out schedule.
- Provide support for project purchasing including issuance of Invitations to bid, review of bids for compliance with contract documents, and effectively develop scopes of work for bid packages, subcontracts, purchase orders, and consultants.
- Support the development and updating of the project schedule. Prepare and monitor project procurement schedules and ensures material deliveries conform to project schedules.
- Provide support to the change management systems including soliciting costs, estimating costs, proposal preparations, and scopes of work.
- Assist in reviewing and preparing subcontractor, supplier, and owner payment applications.
- Monitor field work to ensure adherence with contract documents, shop drawings, approved submittals, standards and codes, budgets, scopes, and schedules.
- Participate, engage in, and generate minutes for all project meetings.
- Possesses the ability and desire to perform project management responsibilities.
- Undergraduate or graduate degree in construction management or related field.
- 3+ years experience as project engineer, assistant project manager, or similar role in the commercial construction industry. Experience with a CM / General Contractor required.
- Strong organization, presentation, written, and communication skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency and success in managing the document control process in the areas of procurement, scheduling, subcontract coordination, cost engineering, cost coding, computer applications, and general project administration.
- Understanding of contract documents, drawings, specifications, product data, and contracts.
- Ability to work independently, as well as a member of a project team, capable of managing multiple projects at various stages of planning, design, procurement and construction.
- Ability to perform engineering analysis, design, drafting, and technical report writing. Familiar with FDOT, SWFTMD, FDEP standards and applicable building and ADA codes preferred. Ability to utilize computer aided design software a plus.
If interested, please email: [email protected] with a copy of your resume in Word or PDF form.