NuJak is seeking a Superintendent to supervise the field construction of projects and direct people as needed in order to complete the work safely, on schedule, within budget and to the quality of workmanship specified.
- Provide leadership and to establish and maintain effective working relationships of the on-site staff
- Have a thorough and complete knowledge and understanding of the General Contract, each Subcontract, the contract drawings, specifications and addenda, and to assist the Project Manager in the development of the on-site procedures
- Review contract drawings, specifications and addenda and assist PM with developing project schedule
- Review program with PM and plan quality control procedures, safety and security practices, field office location and layout, temporary utilities, staging areas, equipment and manpower
- Work with PM to verify that each Subcontractor has completed his contractual requirements as condition precedent to beginning his work at the jobsite. This includes a Certificate of Insurance, a fully executed Subcontract, a Schedule of Values and a Safety Program
- To chair weekly coordination meetings and monthly safety meetings with subcontractors and issue minutes to the Project Manager
- Create Daily Reports of work done and labor and material employed
- Additional responsibilities as needed on a project
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Must be an experienced Superintendent having managed commercial construction projects for a minimum of 5 years
- Must be able to manage staff and subcontractors
- Must have excellent people skills
- Must be proficient in logistics, planning and solving problems
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of all aspects of construction industry
- Must be well organized and prepared to handle responsibility
- Must have good computer/numerical skills, worked on Microsoft Office Suite, Primavera, etc.
- Must have commitment, self-discipline and flexibility
- Must like working outdoors in all types of weather
- Must be interested in health and safety
- Graduate of an accredited college or university
- Professional License, OSHA training/certification, LEED experience a plus!
If interested, please email: mar[email protected] with a copy of your resume in Word or PDF form.