NuJak is seeking a Construction Project Manager to direct the execution of multiple innovative projects in a collaborative environment. The Project Manager will:
- Assist the administrative staff and design professionals in ensuring quality, conformance with contract documents, schedule attainment and cost control for construction projects.
- Write construction contracts.
- Prepares and submits regular progress reports as directed.
- Coordinates the activities of the building inspectors and assists in the inspection function.
- Serves as liaison in the field.
- Participates in project coordination and review meetings.
- Develops and maintains as atmosphere of cooperation and effective relationships between all parties.
- Initiates positive actions to avoid and/or minimize delays recognizing the importance of maintaining the project schedules.
- Assists in scheduling and coordination of the various test and inspection agencies, reviews their report and makes recommendations accordingly.
- Reviews change order documentation and makes recommendations.
- Monitors and maintains a smooth and timely flow of all project documentation between all parties.
- Prepares draw requests to lenders.
- Review job cost variance reporting.
- Anticipates, identifies and alerts administrative staff regarding any situation involving a potential delay or cost increase and recommends appropriate corrective actions.
- Assists in review of contractor payments requests confirming percentage of completion and materials stored at the site.
- Maintain appropriate construction and submittal files.
- Performs related work as required.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of construction principles and procedures.
- Working knowledge of contractor and sub-contractor procedures
- Ability to read and understand building plans and specifications
- Ability to interpret and apply contracts, construction documents, codes and all other project requirements
- Strong ability to anticipate, recognize and respond to adverse situations
- Great written and verbal communication skills
- Current Florida Building Code certified
- Experience with writing progress reports
- Degree from an accredited college or university, engineering and/or construction discipline
If interested, please email: [email protected] with a copy of your resume in Word or PDF form.